EXAM RESULTS & AWARDS
Exceptional exam results underline the constant focus on Academic Excellence that is a trademark of Shrewsbury International School. Our talented and dedicated teaching staff set the highest standards for our selected pupils, providing them with the support and encouragement they need to achieve their full potential in every subject they choose to pursue here at Shrewsbury.
Making their contribution to an incredible history of examination success at Shrewsbury International School, our GCSE, IGCSE and A-level students achieved another set of outstanding results in 2017.
In another year of record-breaking results, the highlights included:
- A Level: 40% A* (5 x higher than UK average)
- A Level: 65% A*/A, 95% A-C
- A Level: 21 students with 3+ A* grades
- GCSE: 42% A*
- GCSE: 71% A*/A, 96% A-C
- GCSE: 7+ A* for 32 students
Shrewsbury International School is proud of all students who achieved even more than they thought possible, as well as the teachers and parents who guided, taught, supported and believed in them throughout.
CIE Examination Awards
Within the school’s excellent overall results, there are always, of course, some outstanding individual performances. Our pupils are a regular presence at the annual Cambridge International Examinations Board awards, which are normally announced in October or November.
Through the years, Shrewsbury students have earned numerous ‘Top in the World’ and ‘Top in Thailand’ accolades for their scores in respective subjects, across both the Arts and the Sciences.
In November 2017 we were particularly proud to congratulate our 2016-17 ‘Top in the World’ winners, 8 of the 12 such awards won in Thailand that year:
- IGCSE Mathematics - Himalaya Agrawal
- IGCSE Mathematics - Ploypat Taedullaysatit
- IGCSE Mathematics - Doaia Lokityakul
- IGCSE Mathematics - Waitin Lee
- AS Art & Design - Supatra Tachaplalert
- AS Biology - Pimara Soongswang
- AS Psychology - Mizuki Tojo
- A Level Art & Design - Poonika Molloy