SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND CHARITY
Every member of the Shrewsbury International School community recognises the responsibilities that we have to care for each other and for those with fewer life opportunities than ourselves. At Shrewsbury we support charity partners at a local and national levels.
Our partnerships operate on three main tiers:
- Financial - Students, staff and parents regularly contribute their time to help raise money to fund specific projects that our charity partners have identified as priorities for their beneficiaries.
- Non-Financial - Students, staff and parents work together to purchase or donate essential products that people in the local community are currently living without, and that would make a huge difference to the quality of their lives.
- Outreach - Students and staff volunteer their time and their skills to our charity partners, strengthening their organizations and reaching out to their beneficiaries.
In addition to our ongoing support, we also have an ‘emergency fund’, ensuring we are poised to react quickly and confidently to International Disasters. We have previously funded humanitarian responses to regional disasters including the Nepal Earthquake and the Philippines Typhoon.
Our current partners include:
- THE MERCY CENTRE IN BANGKOK
- THE HUB IN BANGKOK
- THE GOOD SHEPHERD (SISTER LOUISE) IN BANGKOK
- OPERATION SMILE
- THE THAI MUSLIM SCHOOL
- WAT KHAI SCHOOL
- HABITAT FOR HUMANITY