Shrewsbury International School has two campuses: Riverside (Charoenkrung) and City Campus (Rama 9). Riverside offers through-education from 3 to 18 years, whilst children who complete their Primary education at City Campus move on to Senior School at Riverside at the age of 11 years.
Both campuses have specially designed Early Years Departments for our youngest children aged 3 to 5; safe, secure and stimulating environments for children to explore, and where they develop core skills that set the foundation for successful lifelong learning.
Early Years provision is divided between Early Years 1 (for children aged 3 before 31st August) and Early Years 2 (for children aged 4 before 31st August). All of our EY classes are staffed by fully qualified international and local teachers.
- The Shrewsbury Standard: A commitment to all 5 of Shrewsbury's High Quality Learning principles - Collaborative, Engaged, Personal, Ambitious and Informed - providing the foundation for a successful learning journey towards some of the best examination scores in Asia, and placement in the world's top universities.
- Curriculum: A Unique Early Years curriculum. based the UK Early Years Foundation Stage framework and adapted for our international student family
- Approach: A child-led active learning approach (incorporating elements of Emelia Reggio Philosophy) that nurtures emotional and social development alongside strong academic foundations.
- Experience: An experienced team of highly qualified Early Years practitioners, supported by fully trained Teaching assistants
- Supportive Ratios: Two teaching assistants working with teachers in every EY class
- Specialist Provision: A variety of specialist training in areas such as Forest School Education and Massage in Schools. Specialist lessons in music, PE and Thai.
- Environment: A purpose-built, self-contained, safe, secure and beautifully resourced Early Years environment
- Learning with nature: A focus on natural resources and outdoor learning that encourages creativity, including re-designed Early Years garden (opening August 2020) that provides an inspirational outdoor learning space that is 4x the area of our indoor EY classrooms.
WHAT OUR PARENTS SAY
It is obvious to us that the teachers here really care for every child. They know their individual needs and interests and are clear on what they need to improve. EY Parent
|Age Range||3-5 years|
|Year Groups||EY1 & EY2 (Early Years Foundation Stage)|
|Key Contact||Mr Phil Stewart (Vice Principal, Head of Junior)|
vice PRINCIPAL (head of junior)
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (JUNIOR )
assistant PRINCIPAL (JUNIOR)
The Early Years Foundation Stage has seven areas of learning, all of which are connected and are of equal importance. Every child is unique and has particular interests, skills and needs. Here they have opportunities to interact in positive relationships and enabling environments, both indoors and outdoors. Through “Active Learning”, the children experience a range of challenges and playful learning opportunities across the Prime and Specific Areas of learning and development. Every day they take part in a balance of carefully planned child-initiated activities in order to develop both as individuals, and as effective learners.
|7.30am||'Soft Start'. Go to the classroom and unpack bag. Morning routine, introduction to today’s learning|
Active Learning Time: Child initiated and adult directed learning inside and outside, with offer of snack.
Specialist lessons: Thai, Music, Library, PE, Swimming
Splash Play: in the splash pool
(in EY2, the day finishes at 2:20pm following more Active Learning Time: Child initiated and adult directed learning inside and outside, with offer of snack. Specialist lesson - Thai, Music, Library, PE, Swimming and Splash Play.)