The school is well prepared to ensure continued provision for absent students. We understand that prolonged absence and distance from friends can be difficult for students, and our teachers keep in regular contact with students and their parents to support them, answer their questions and ensure their continued wellbeing during these times.
Students and teachers have access to a range of online resources that allow work to be set and assessed.
- Our Virtual Learning Environment, Firefly, is open to all Senior students. This is where tasks are set.
- School GMail allows ongoing communication between families and staff
- In addition, different departments are work with online solutions appropriate to the subject to keep students up to date with lesson content
- Google Classroom is used in Y4, Y5 and Y6 to keep students in touch with work set, and to assess work as it comes in
- Blogs have been used from Y1 to Y3 to distribute work to be done from home. In the coming days we will be moving to Seesaw as our key platform in these year groups. (iOS app, Android App, or pc web browser)
- ILD is used in the Early Years to share stories read by class teachers, phonics lessons and activities linked to the Seven Areas of Learning